Construction projects are not without risk. A burst water pipe, a crack in the façade of a neighbouring building, an overturning crane: Damage or an accident can easily occur, which can cost you dear. Make sure you're comprehensively protected against claims with principal's liability insurance and construction insurance. Because you can plan for construction risks, in the same way as you do your construction project.
How you benefit
- Cover for construction work and principal's liability insurance in a single product
- Reimbursement of the costs of cleaning up, fault finding and reconstruction up to 5% of the insured amount
- Special discounts of up to 25% when concluding PRISMA Flex household contents and/or personal liability insurance or IMMOBILIA buildings insurance
The indispensable insurance for all your construction work
Construction insurance offers both insurance cover for property damage resulting from construction accidents and principal's liability insurance for customers, either as private individuals or in a professional capacity.
CONSTRUCTA construction insurance offers the following cover options:
Contractors' all-risk insurance:
- damage to or destruction of the construction or the building site equipment caused by unforeseeable and sudden construction accidents.
- Damage that is caused by theft and is directly associated with the building work.
Principal's liability insurance:
- cover for personal injury or property damage incurred by third parties.
Insurance cover is also available for:
- existing constructions and moveable property located in them;
- the building plot and the surrounding buildings, including plants;
- scaffolding and formwork materials and temporary structures, construction offices, fencing, advertising signs, etc.
Construction risks are unpredictable and difficult to estimate. Construction insurance from Generali offers you ideal insurance cover and security across the board during construction.
How does CONSTRUCTA construction insurance work? A specific example:
Mr Smith is renovating his house and at the same time adding a new, larger balcony.
During construction of the balcony, part of the existing façade breaks off and falls into the foundation pit. On checking the plans, it is found that the architect's calculations were correct and that safety rules were followed.
In addition, Mr Smith's neighbour discovers that cracks have developed in his walls since the construction work started and demands that they be repaired.
But there's no need to worry. Not only will we assume the costs of rebuilding the balcony, but also,
as part of the combined supplementary insurance,
- the costs of fully repairing the façade (existing structure), which is not part of the original construction work;
- the costs of repairing or replacing the movable property in the building that was damaged or destroyed as a result of the façade collapse;
- the costs of repairing or replacing the construction equipment and tools that were damaged or destroyed by the façade collapse.
as part of the principal's liability insurance:
- the costs of a review of the neighbour's claim by an expert;
- the losses incurred by third parties, provided they are in fact incurred as a result of the construction;
- Mr Smith's defence in the event of a dispute against unjustified claims by the neighbour, if the damage was not caused by the construction work.
Summary of the details
What benefits does CONSTRUCTA construction insurance offer?
In the event of a claim, the company assumes the following costs:
- in the event of the damage or destruction of the insured construction, all costs necessary for restoring it to its condition immediately before the loss event;
- in the event of the damage or destruction of property, reimbursement of the value of the property immediately before the loss event;
- in connection with third-party liability insurance, compensation payments for substantiated third-party claims and the costs for defending against unjustified claims.
The insurance comes into force on the date stated in the policy. The insurance applies to the construction site stated in the policy.
The policy is concluded for the duration of the construction work. It ends when the insured construction work is accepted or considered to be accepted, but no later than the date agreed in the policy.
Principal's liability insurance insures the principal and the owner of the building plot. Construction insurance insures the principal, the geologists, architects, engineers and contractors, including subcontractors.
New construction or conversion/renovation of a turnkey building
All construction work commissioned by the builder as well as work he performs himself.
The premium depends on the type of construction, location of the building, selected cover and insured amount.