Training as an Insurance Assistant with the VBV/AFA (Insurance Industry Vocational Training Association) offers holders of a high school leaving certificate or of a vocational school leaving certificate (HMS Plus) from a commercial intermediate school or from an apprenticeship the chance to get into the insurance industry in no more than 18 months. During that time, you will gain the skills to process cases and advise customers.
Outstanding opportunities for industry-specific and business management-oriented education are open to you if your complete the course.
The course is designed around the trainee's needs and sets itself apart from basic commercial training in terms of duration, progress and intended participants. Participants get practical training on the job while getting to grips with the theory, and deepening their knowledge of the industry, in the classroom. They benefit from the course's being structured appropriately to their levels of knowledge and experience, and from its blended learning approach, with trainees learning in cycles – on their own, in face-to-face instruction, and gaining knowledge from other, including online, sources.
What you need to have:
- A completed high school leaving certificate or a vocational education certificate gained either from a commercial intermediate school or an apprenticeship
- Interest in the insurance business, in business affairs and in working on complex tasks
- A sociable personality and motivation
- A pro-active and independent attitude
- Reliability and ability to cope under pressure
- Plenty of ambition and willingness to learn
- Enthusiasm for getting into the world of work
- Varied, interesting, comprehensive and demanding training within an innovative and international company
- Guidance and mentoring from professionals
- Attractive conditions of employment and interesting additional benefits
- The chance of continued employment – and promotion – once the course has been successfully completed
Please submit your application documents by open Positions online at our recruitment department.
Our vacancies can be found in our job market.
The course starts in September of each year.