Suffering an accident abroad makes everything twice as difficult. Not only are you far from home, but you may have to pay the local treatment costs immediately. In that situation, your UVG Assistance provides you with valuable support: repatriation, advances for hospital costs or organising accompanying persons or childcare, taking care of the worst of your worries and ensuring you return home quickly.
How you benefit
- Permanent contact in your language with one of our caseworkers
- In the event of an accident: Transport and repatriation up to CHF 29,640*
- In the event of death: Repatriation of the body up to CHF 29,640*
- Advances for hospital costs abroad up to CHF 29,640.
* Legal limits in accordance with articles 20 & 21 UVV
What is UVG Assistance?
In the event of an accident, we offer worldwide, round-the-clock medical support.
Thanks to the assistance cover of your UVG insurance, you benefit from our assistance services at all times in the event that you have an accident abroad. The extensive network of our partner Europ Assistance, the leading global company in this sector, is available to you throughout the entire world.
The UVG accident cover that your employer has taken out with Generali automatically includes the above services free of charge.
In addition, our partner Europ Assistance will assist you with the following at your expense:
- Organising the repatriation of an accompanying person
- Organising the repatriation of animals
- Organising the accompaniment of children
- Organising a person to be present during your stay in hospital
- Organising the despatch of medications or the search for equivalent medications
- Bail advance of up to CHF 25,000 in the event of criminal proceedings following a traffic accident
What to do if you have an accident abroad:
If you have an accident abroad, call the assistance number: +41 848 800 400.
Give your first and last names, the name of your employer or the number of the UVG policy.
Print out the assistance card and carry it with you or note the assistance number so that you have it immediately to hand. You can download the card in English here.