No-one likes to talk about death. But what if something happens to you? What kind of financial protection would your surviving family members have? With death benefits insurance, you can protect your loved ones by enabling the capital to be used to repay loans or mortgages. A guaranteed insured sum on death and bankruptcy privilege help to ensure that financial loss does not exacerbate your family's personal suffering.
- Affordable death benefits insurance, protecting your surviving family members
- Specially designed to protect your first and/or second mortgage
- Annual right of termination
- Ideal for protection of business partners
- Free choice of term and beneficiaries
- Guaranteed premium amount for the entire term of the contract
- Lowest premiums for non-smokers
Comprehensive risk cover
Death benefits insurance pays the insured sum on death to the beneficiaries in the event of the insured person's death.
Customers can choose between two insurance options:
- Death benefits insurance with constant sum insured, for which the insured capital remains the same throughout the term of the contract. This option guarantees repayment of non-amortised loans and credits in the event of death.
- This option is also available as the affordable online product, PREVISTA Compact.
- Death benefits insurance with decreasing sum insured; here, the capital agreed upon for the first year of insurance decreases annually by the same amount. This option can be used, amongst other things, to cover a second mortgage which is to be amortised. This option is also suitable for ensuring the education of the customer's children.
PREVISTA death benefits insurance is suitable for you if you
- wish to provide financial security for loved ones (family, cohabiting partner etc.) in the event of your death;
- own or are a partner in a business and wish to secure its continuation in the event of your death;
- own your own home and wish to use your death benefits insurance to protect your first and/or second mortgage so that your cohabiting partner or family can go on living there in the event of your death;
- have withdrawn pension fund assets in the context of the Encouragement of Home Ownership and would like to fill the ensuing gaps in coverage;
- are not older than 65.
Constant or decreasing insured sum on death as agreed.
On a monthly, quarterly, six-monthly or annual basis.
Premiums can be paid easily via direct debit. Finance the premiums via an interest-bearing premium deposit account and benefit from attractive interest rates.
Customers who belong to a BVG pension fund can pay in up to CHF 6,768 per year into Pillar 3a. Employed persons not belonging to a BVG pension fund can pay in up to CHF 33,840 per year (as at 2015).
With PREVISTA Compact online death benefits insurance, you benefit from affordable annual premium payment.
The death benefits insurance can be concluded within qualified provident insurance (Pillar 3a) or free provident insurance (Pillar 3b).
PREVISTA Compact online death benefits insurance may be concluded only within voluntary provident insurance (Pillar 3b).
|Type of insurance||Temporary death benefits insurance with constant (tariffs D2 and D2_ON) or evenly decreasing sum insured (tariff D6). Main or supplementary insurance.|
|Entry age and final age (as a rule)||PREVISTA
Entry age: 18 to 65 years
Final age: 75 years
Entry age: 18 to 45 years
Final age: 65 years
|Term of contract||
(*Products including premium waver and/or constantly decreasing sum insured: contractual term of at least three years).
|Cancellation, surrender and conversion||The contract may be terminated from the second insurance year onwards. Any excess premiums paid will be refunded. If the premiums have been paid for at least three years, the insurance may be surrendered/converted.|
|Surplus participation||There is no participation in surpluses. The amount of the premiums is guaranteed for the entire term of the contract.|
|Beneficiaries/Inheritance privilege||The policyholder is at liberty to designate the beneficiaries (Pillar 3b). The «irrevocable» option is available. In the event of death, the insurance benefit does not form part of the policyholder's estate. The beneficiaries may claim the insurance benefit even if the inheritance is disclaimed (in the event of excessive indebtedness).|
|Bankruptcy privilege||The bankruptcy privilege means that the family's claims take precedence over any creditors' claims (with the exception of pledged assets). As a result, the insurance cover of neither the beneficiary nor the policyholder is liable to sequestration. This is subject to the beneficiaries being the spouse or direct descendants of the policyholder.|
No additional options are available for PREVISTA Compact online death benefits insurance.
If the insured person becomes incapable of work or if his or her basic faculties are impaired, we will grant you an exemption from the obligation to pay premiums on expiry of the waiting period.
If you become incapable of work due to illness or an accident, we will grant you a quarterly annuity after the agreed waiting period. The amount is payable in arrears and is based on the extent of the loss of earnings. If required, an annuity may be insured for the event of illness only (without accident risk) at a more affordable premium.
If the insured person dies as a result of an accident (or road accident), the agreed capital sum will be paid in addition to the main insurance benefits.