If your wine cellar's flooded, if a storm knocks your tree into your neighbour's garden, or if burglars steal your valuable jewellery - these are losses that do more than just material damage. Your flexible household contents insurance offers comprehensive cover for your belongings as well as financial protection for you, so you feel safe and sound again in your home.
- Easy conclusion: No complicated inventory list necessary!
- Numerous options or individual solutions - we have the ideal insurance package for everyone
- Home assistance is automatically included free of charge: support for unforeseen incidents and immediate assistance for accidents at home
- Comprehensive insurance: Skis, snowboards, etc. are covered
- Items in your basement, attic and garage are covered
- 15% discount for policyholders under the age of 26 and a loyalty discount of up to 10%
- Contract law protection automatically included for certain types of policies
Household insurance from Generali that covers everything
Feeling good at home is important to most people - no doubt about that. Part of that sense of well-being is about feeling secure within one's own four walls. Our PRISMA Flex household insurance offers you easy, flexible and comprehensive protection for your belongings.
Basic household cover insures your household contents against:
- Fire and natural hazards
- Water damage
- Glass breakage
- Burglary or simple theft from the home
Household insurance offers the following types of supplementary cover on request:
- Personal liability
- Gardens and crops
- Misuse of credit cards and telephones
- Simple theft outside the home
- Household contents accidental damage
Because PRISMA Flex household insurance offers benefits that others don't!
Such things as ...
- Home Assistance,
- Bicycles, ski and snowboards
- Contract law protection for certain types of contracts
... are covered by Generali insurance at no extra cost.
BeCause PRISMA Flex household insurance is simple
Instead of having to compile a complicated inventory, it's sufficient just to specify the number of rooms in your home and to select the appropriate option (standard, comfort or exclusive) for your furnishings and possessions. The insured sum must of course be continually adjusted to your circumstances.
How PRISMA Flex household insurance works – an example
The Dupont family is on holiday in Wallis when their home in Geneva goes up in flames. The cellar rooms have been almost completely destroyed by a major fire that broke out in the basement of the building. When they get back from holiday, a horrific sight awaits them. Many memories have gone up in smoke and the whole house is now uninhabitable.
Luckily, Generali takes control of the situation. The family is provided with a spacious apartment within walking distance of their home. And specialist firms immediately get down to the cleaning and renovation work.
Three months later, the fire's been forgotten. The family has moved back into their comfortable home and is enjoying their familiar surroundings. With a sum insured amounting to CHF 400,000, Generali has provided the following benefits:
- Emergency accommodation costs: CHF 11,000
- Cleaning and renovation costs: CHF 30,000
- Replacement of destroyed items: CHF 120,000
The only cost the Duponts have to bear is the CHF 200 excess agreed in the policy.
Summary of the details
What benefits does PRISMA Flex household insurance provide?
- Home Assistance: Assistance services at home (locksmith service, watching over your home after a claim, advance on costs, helpline for psychosocial support, etc.) are automatically included free of charge
- Skis, snowboards and bicycles: automatically insured at replacement value
- Contract law protection for certain types of contracts: Contractual disputes such as those related to the purchase, sale and hire of movable property and simple contracts are covered
Household contents insurance covers the property of the policyholder and of those living in the same household.
The insurance comes into force on the date stated in the policy. If the contract was concluded for one year or longer, it is automatically renewed for one year at a time if it is not terminated in writing at least three months before expiry.
Household contents insurance applies at home, i.e. the locations listed in the policy. The location(s) may be in Switzerland, the Principality of Liechtenstein or the enclaves Büsingen and Campione. Household contents and costs are also covered outside the location for a limited period of time (24 months).
The premium depends on the following factors:
- Value of the inventory (insured amount)
- Type of building construction
- Residential purpose and intended use of the building
- Term of contract
- Discount based on age