For tradespeople it's the van, for farmers it's the tractor, for tour operators it's the bus - commercial vehicles are «workhorses» and hence the most valuable assets of many businesses. Consequently, comprehensive insurance cover is essential. Whether for glass breakage, collision or theft, commercial vehicle insurance provides you with secure protection so that your business can operate without interruptions.
- Improved services thanks to our partnership with a glass breakage specialist and EUROP Assistance
- Guarantee 7: We guarantee to settle your claim within seven days
- Accident insurance
- Waiver of right of recourse in the event of gross negligence
The simple solution for you and your commercial vehicle
UTILA commercial vehicle insurance offers a complete package at an attractive price: Alongside the mandatory third-party liability insurance and the automatically integrated UTILA assistance service, it includes a free choice of either comprehensive or partial accidental damage insurance as well as accident cover.
In addition to mandatory third-party liability insurance, commercial vehicle insurance offers:
- comprehensive accidental damage insurance for new or relatively new vehicles including cover for collision damage to your own vehicle.
- the partial accidental damage PLUS option for mobile homes, which allows partial accidental damage insurance to be upgraded to comprehensive accidental damage insurance (i.e. collision damage) for 24 consecutive days per year
- partial accidental damage cover for damage resulting from theft, fire, natural events, snowslides, glass breakages, collisions with animals, damage caused by martens and vandalism
There are many good reasons to take out UTILA commercial vehicle insurance:
Commercial vehicle insurance offers comprehensive cover for commercial vehicles such as
- Delivery vans and trucks
- Minibuses and coaches
- Agricultural vehicles (e.g. tractors) and industrial tractors
- Motorcycles and passenger vehicles used for commercial purposes (e.g. taxis, rental vehicles, ambulances and driving school vehicles)
- Mobile homes
For the ecologically-minded, we offer a premium reduction of 25% for vehicles which run on alternative energy sources.
Everyone can benefit from our no claims bonus protection, cover for damage to headlights of passenger vehicles (including xenon headlights), waiver of right of recourse in the event of gross negligence, an advantageous newcomers bonus when a range of drivers are added to the policy and the option of insuring goods and effects in transit.
How UTILA commercial vehicle insurance works – an example
Daniel Byrne is a self-employed tradesman. One day, his drill and a number of other tools are stolen out of his locked delivery vehicle, which is parked right outside his store.
Luckily, Mr Byrne has concluded supplementary insurance for commercial items. That means he can claim reimbursement for the stolen items within the guaranteed insured amount.
Summary of the details
What benefits does UTILA commercial vehicle insurance offer?
The policy includes assistance for passenger vehicles, delivery vehicles, motorcycles and mobile homes up to 3,500 kg, if mandatory third-party liability insurance is in place. It is unlimited within Switzerland and valid for a maximum of 90 days abroad.
If you have full or partial accidental damage cover, we work together with a glass breakage specialist when your vehicle requires windscreen repairs or replacement.
You also have the option of supplementing your policy with:
- Accident insurance for drivers and passengers, irrespective of liability
- Transport module to insure transported goods
- Commercial and personal effects
The insurance covers drivers, vehicle holders and passengers.
The insurance contract takes effect on the date stated in the policy and is renewed each year automatically for the period of one year unless terminated by one of the parties at least three months prior to the expiry date.
All insurance products (third-party liability, accidental damage, passenger protection and assistance) are valid in Switzerland, the Principality of Liechtenstein and all EU/EEA countries listed on the current «green card » (international motor insurance card).
The premium is calculated based on the scope of cover selected and depends on multiple criteria, such as:
- Driving licence date
- Vehicle (type, performance, value)