If your wine cellar's flooded, if a storm knocks your tree into your neighbour's garden, or if burglars steal your valuable jewellery - these are losses that do more than just material damage. Your flexible household contents insurance offers comprehensive cover for your belongings as well as financial protection for you, so you feel safe and sound again in your home.
- Comprehensive all-round cover
- Numerous supplementary options – individually extendable
- First-class service package automatically included
- Attractive discounts: loyalty discount, young people’s discount, owner’s discount, etc.
Household contents insurance from Generali that covers everything
Feeling good at home is important to most people - no doubt about that. Part of that sense of well-being is about feeling secure within one's own four walls. Our PRISMA Flex household contents insurance offers you easy, flexible and comprehensive protection for your belongings.
Basic household cover insures your household contents against:
- Natural hazards
- Fire damage
- Water damage
- Theft (Automatically covered: skis, snowboards and bicycles, frozen goods, objects stored in a basement, attic and garage)
- Glass breakage
Household insurance offers the following types of supplementary cover on request:
- Personal liability (can be concluded individually)
- Gardens and crops
- Personal valuables
- Travel insurance
- Accidental damage for households: for damage and electrical damage to electrical appliances, mobile phones and other objects
- Bicycle insurance
- Credit cards and misuse of telephones
- Simple theft outside the home
Your service bonus in serious cases – already included in basic cover
- Immediate commissioning of a specialist (e.g. carpenter, locksmith, etc.)
- Fault rectification in the event of a breakdown, failure or blockage of sanitary installations, heating and pipes
- Advance payment for the purchase of essential items
- Home surveillance after a claim (during a holiday)
- Helpline for psychosocial support (e.g. following a burglary)
- Blocking service in case of the loss of traveller’s cheques and bank, post, customer and credit cards
- Immediate measures for electrical malfunctions (e.g. in case of a power outage)
- Other services: hotel accommodation, accommodation of pets, transport and storage of furniture, etc.
- Contract law protection for disputes under contract law is automatically included
- You will receive information about any legal question over the phone, regardless of your insurance coverage
BECAUSE PRISMA FLEX HOUSEHOLD CONTENTS INSURANCE IS SIMPLE
Instead of having to compile a complicated inventory, it's sufficient just to specify the number of rooms in your home and to select the appropriate option (standard, comfort or exclusive) for your furnishings and possessions. The insured sum must of course be continually adjusted to your circumstances.
HOW PRISMA FLEX HOUSEHOLD CONTENTS INSURANCE WORKS – AN EXAMPLE
The Dupont family is on holiday in Wallis when their home in Geneva goes up in flames. The cellar rooms have been almost completely destroyed by a major fire that broke out in the basement of the building. When they get back from holiday, a horrific sight awaits them. Many memories have gone up in smoke and the whole house is now uninhabitable.
Luckily, Generali takes control of the situation. The family is provided with a spacious apartment within walking distance of their home. And specialist firms immediately get down to the cleaning and renovation work.
Three months later, the fire's been forgotten. The family has moved back into their comfortable home and is enjoying their familiar surroundings. With a sum insured amounting to CHF 400,000, Generali has provided the following benefits:
- Emergency accommodation costs: CHF 11,000
- Cleaning and renovation costs: CHF 30,000
- Replacement of destroyed items: CHF 120,000
The only cost the Duponts have to bear is the CHF 200 excess agreed in the policy.
Household contents insurance covers the property of the policyholder and of those living in the same household.
The insurance covers the household contents and the costs arising from an insured event. It includes all movable property for private use owned by the policyholder and persons living with him/her in the same household. Household contents also include pets, movable structures (i.e. non-permanent installations such as a greenhouse in the garden), leased or rented objects, professional equipment, personal belongings of visitors and items of property entrusted to the policyholder, equipment and materials for the maintenance and use of the insured building and associated premises.
The insurance comes into force on the date stated in the policy. If the contract was concluded for one year or longer, it is automatically renewed for one year at a time if it is not terminated in writing at least three months before expiry.
Household contents insurance applies at home, i.e. the locations listed in the policy. The location(s) may be in Switzerland, the Principality of Liechtenstein or the enclaves Büsingen and Campione. Household contents and costs are also covered outside the location for a limited period of time (24 months).
The premium depends on the following factors:
- Value of the inventory (insured amount)
- Type of building construction
- Residential purpose and intended use of the building
- Term of contract
- Discount based on age